STORY YOU NEED TO HEAR ABOUT NDWC
Nepal Disabled Welfare Centre is established on Ashwin 8, 2069 under prevailing rules and regulation and registered to District Administration Office, under registration number 3621/069. The organization aims to the welfare and preserve the rights of the physically and mentally challenged people. Since the establishment date, the organization is working in the field of the welfare of the disabled people on the theme that the physically and mentally challenged people are not the people of hatred and not the burden to the society. They also have the emotion and also can be the figure of inspiration and motivation like Helen Keller, Stephen Hawking who has contributed the valuable things to the entire world. They do not have weak will power than the normal people. They can do the work as of the normal people if they get the opportunity of equality. After the heart shocking earthquake on Baisakh 12, 2072, huge financial damage happened. Also many children became homeless and they even paid their cost of life on the earthquake. The days are the black day in the history of Nepal. Many people along with the children have faced the crisis of the basic need.
In this class, students who are capable of reading and writing on their own. They are less dependent than the others.
In this class, students who are not capable of reading and writing on their own. They are dependent on the teachers.
More about ndwc
The organization is non-profit motive, non-governmental social organization works on the welfare of the physically and mentally challenged people and homeless and helpless children too.
The objectives are:
• To establish Disable Protection Residence for physically and mentally challenged people.
All the children of this organization are differently abled either physically, mentally or both. Among them, most of the children are not able to speak and communicate effectively which is an essential requirement in our lives. In addition, few of them do have problems with motor activities (walking, talking), activities for daily living. Hence, to fill the loopholes these children, they require special needs from a multidisciplinary team including Speech Pathologist, Physiotherapist, Doctors, Occupation Therapist, Psychologist etc.Know More
Children are the backbone of a nation, the future of a nation. Everyone loves children for thei
innocence, and innocent activities. They lighten up and bring happiness to a family. But not all children are lucky enough to bring happiness to their family and have a strong relation with other members of the family. For example, the children suffering from Cerebral Palsy and various kinds of disabilities.
1. Inability to express their emotions, ideas, knowledge makes them feel frustration, being alone and isolated which may lead them less motivated to fight for their challenges faced in their lives.
• Inherited or Genetic Disorders, such as Muscular Dystrophy.
• Conditions present at birth (congenital), such as Spina Bifida.
• A serious illness affecting the Brain, Nerves or Muscles, such as Meningitis.
• Spinal Cord Injury.
• Brain Injury.
1. Helping children to learn and practice existing culture of the societies of Nepal. Also heling them to learn culture existing in neighboring countries.
2. Speech Therapy-which is conducted twice a week to help children who cannot speak.
3. Physical Therapy - which is conducted twice a week for physical development of the children.
1. Proper paper work should be done before admitting children and getting basic services from NDWC.
2. Visit of parents in the center every month is mandatory, or else those children may not be given facility to stay in the center.